An Environment for All Audiences
Keegan PLAY-RAH-KA is committed to making productions as accessible and inclusive as possible, from building provisions to production design. Learn what you can expect at your next PRK production below.
THE KEEGAN THEATRE
Keegan is conveniently located near Dupont Circle, within one mile of the DC Metro. The building is ADA compliant and offers gender neutral restrooms and listening devices for those in need.
Take a Virtual Tour of Keegan and Dupont Circle!
Sensory Friendly Performances with PRK
SIGHTS & SOUNDS
• House lights remain on at low level throughout performance
• There will be no sudden, jarring, loud, or bright sounds/lights/transitions
• Use of tablets and smartphones permitted for communication
• Actors are prepared for any and all physical and audible responses
SEATING & HOUSE INFO
• “Pockets” between seats to allow standing and moving
• Aisle access for easy entry and exit during performance
• Exit and re-entry permitted
• Designated quiet space if a child needs to leave the performance
The Keegan Theatre and Keegan PLAY-RAH-KA can make no assurances that all performances will be suitable for everyone with autism. Parents and guardians are solely responsible for their child’s viewing and engagement with these performances.
Resources for Parents and Guardians
If you would like to speak with professionals about developmental conditions, your pediatrician is often the best place to begin. In addition, professionals at your child’s school, including the school counselor/psychologist, can provide helpful information. Assessments can also be completed at Children’s National Health System or through private practices in the community with a psychologist, psychiatrist, or a neuropsychologist. Some possible resources include: