Please read and understand these policies and procedures before registering your child for any Keegan PLAY-RAH-KA activities. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
• Payment is due in full at time of registration. Registration is not complete without payment.
• A $25 fee will be assessed on returned checks.
• A full refund is available if the participant withdraws one month prior to the start date of the program. A 50% refund is available if the participant withdraws within two weeks of the start date of the program. 6 days prior to the start of date of the program, participant will only receive a 50% credit towards future programs. No refund will be given for a no-show or canceling less than 24 hours prior to the class starting.
• In the event of an emergency, parents/guardians give permission to Keegan PLAY-RAH-KA to secure and administer treatment, including hospitalization, for the participant.
• Keegan PLAY-RAH-KA cannot administer over-the-counter or prescription drugs to any student unless that medicine is sent in a properly labeled container provided by the pharmacy and accompanied by a signed medical authorization form.
• Keegan PLAY-RAH-KA assumes no liability for injuries or damages arising from participation in any class or program. Due to the strenuous nature of some activities, the participant is urged to consult a physician concerning fitness to participate.
• Discipline policy: Keegan PLAY-RAH-KA Teaching Artists are focused on fostering the creative voices of all children and creating a positive classroom culture that supports positive behavior. Teaching Artists will use the first few classes to establish routines and set clear and specific expectations. Teaching Artists are expected to be reflective rather than reactive to behaviors as part of the journey of inclusion. We ask families to join us in this journey by providing helpful accommodations and other information as part of the registration process. However, when a child exhibits behavior that is perceived as unsafe to self, others, or the classroom environment, the staff will work with the child to help them understand ways to adjust their behavior. If this perceived unsafe behavior continues, Keegan PLAY-RAH-KA staff will consult with the parent/guardian. Parents/Guardians are expected to assist in resolving problems and promoting the child’s positive, cooperative behavior. If students are unable to correct behavior which is dangerous or disruptive to the program, suspension or dismissal from the program may occur. An immediate suspension will occur if the student injures themselves through negligence or with intent, causes damage to property that will require financial replacement, and/or injures another child with intent to harm.
• Offenses that result in immediate dismissal are sexual misconduct, fighting, taking or being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, possessing weapons, profanity used toward another child or staff person.