Because the Keegan Theatre’s social media accounts are public places and anyone can participate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own. In order to facilitate the exchange of ideas and to ensure that they are expressed in an appropriate manner, Keegan Theatre has implemented Social Media Community Guidelines (“Guidelines”). These Guidelines clearly outline the rules of conduct for participation on Keegan Theatre platforms and should be consulted by all users.
A Community of Respect
In order to create a positive and engaging environment for users among our Keegan Theatre social media accounts, we ask all users to treat each other with respect. Users may disagree with an idea; however, they must be respectful of others at all times. Insults, threats, or harassment of other users, organizations, or employees are prohibited.
Our pages are public, which means that anyone can see your posts and your posts may even show up in search engine results (like on Google or Yahoo!). While we want to foster healthy discussion, we may occasionally remove posts that don’t fit our community guidelines.
Keegan Theatre will not tolerate and reserves its right to delete – to the full extent that each respective social media platform allows – any post or comment that is:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive, or unrelated.
- Indecent, sexually explicit, or pornographic material of any kind — including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings, or other characters are used to suggest profane language.
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity, or organization.
- Discriminatory or that contain hateful speech of any kind regarding age, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion, nationality, or sexual orientation.
- False, inaccurate, libelous, or otherwise misleading in any way.
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user’s computer.
Keegan Theatre reserves the right to ban any user from our page without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature or which instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
We encourage everyone to:
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy and be respectful of others.
- Submit your own original content, and avoid content that you know to be fraudulent.
- Do not post someone else’s copyrighted work unless you have permission.
- Never post personal, identifying, or confidential information.
Please note that social media accounts are moderated by Keegan Theatre staff. We’ll make every effort to respond in a timely manner; however, we can’t guarantee that we’ll reply to every comment.
Any comments or opinions shared by our followers on Keegan Theatre social media accounts are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed by outside contributors do not necessarily represent the views of Keegan Theatre, its management, or employees, and Keegan Theatre does not necessarily endorse or approve those views.
Keegan Theatre is not responsible or liable for damages that may occur while you are using a Keegan Theatre social media account. You must comply with the social media platform’s terms and conditions on which Keegan Theatre social media accounts are hosted.
We make it a habit to read all messages, posts, and comments, and we may answer when appropriate. However, although our accounts are being continuously monitored, replies will be made between 9 am and 8 pm eastern time, Monday to Friday.
Facebook Messenger enables you to communicate privately with Keegan Theatre. These communications are not visible to anyone else on Facebook. Please be aware that Keegan Theatre will never ask you for confidential or private information on Facebook. If we require additional information, you will be contacted offline and it will only be in response to a question you have submitted to us.
If you are a patron, artist, or staff member and have any questions or concerns specifically related to you, a product, or service, please contact your manager, stage manager, or director.
Our social media accounts are places for conversations between and among individuals and Keegan Theatre and are not a substitute channel for services or general questions. If you require a swift response, please contact us via our website’s Contact page or call us at (202) 265-3767.
Privacy and Security Policies
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information such as Social Security numbers, account numbers, phone numbers, or email addresses in any comment or post. If you do include personally identifiable information in your comment, your comment or post may be deleted.
Updates to the Guidelines
Keegan Theatre reserves the right to amend these Guidelines at any time without prior notice.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our Guidelines or any other matter regarding our social media properties, please contact us.
Last updated July 20, 2021